Our soothing and settling Golden Moon Milk is the perfect antidote to a hectic day with incredible ingredients to help de-stress, feel grounded, sleep better and bring the body into balance.
The Ayurvedic tradition of drinking warm milk at bedtime to ground the body is our inspiration for this recipe. And we’re taking it up to an even more functional level by adding the golden benefits of our Turmeric and adaptogenic Maca. Combining all the yumminess and awesome effects of a golden milk and a Maca latte in one!
Night time is about restoring, regenerating and rebalancing, so Organic Burst Maca is the ideal ingredient to help. It nourishes the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, that control the production of hormones in the body - normalising stress hormones such as cortisol, and bringing the whole hormonal system back into a restful balance.
Maca's effect on the hypothalamus and the pituitary also means producing sex hormones (oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone, etc) in the right quantities to improve menstrual symptoms, help achieve regular 'normal' cycles and fertility.
Adding to this effect, Curcumin (an active compound in Turmeric) has been found in several studies to reduce the negative symptoms of menstrual cycles including mood swings and cramps. This drink really does tune into the moon cycle!
Turmeric has been proven in studies to increase positivity and give you strength when feeling overwhelmed. The perfect drink to curl up with and put the day behind you.
The healthy fats in the almond milk and coconut cream or oil (if you choose to add) can boost your sleep because they'll keep you fuller and prevent any surges and dips in blood sugar that can wake you up in the middle of the night. Uninterrupted sleep please!
Make this comforting milk part of your cosy bedtime routine. Mmm. Zzzzz.
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Maca
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon coconut cream or coconut oil
- Warm up the almond milk in a pan (but do not boil).
- Add the warm milk and all remaining ingredients to your cup and mix it together using the handy Aerolatte electric whisk. Alternatively add everything into your blender.