Do any of these symptoms affect you? Are you under a lot of stress? If the answer is yes, chances are you’re depleted in magnesium. In fact, it’s estimated that 80% of the U.S. population is deficient in this incredibly important mineral.
Magnesium works in partnership with calcium. Calcium contracts muscles and magnesium (Mg) relaxes them – that’s why it’s known as nature’s tranquiliser and can help in the following ways:
- Relaxes blood vessels, lowering blood pressure and relieving migraines.
- Relaxes muscles to reduce cramps and pain (e.g. leg cramps and headaches). In the heart, this helps regulate heartbeat – avoiding palpitations.
- Helps your body and mind relax, helping anxiety and sleep. It is an important nutrient for producing GABA, the calm chemical in our brains!
Other important functions of Mg:
- Improving magnesium stores in the bones can reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Mg helps us make the energy molecule ATP – responsible for energy in every one of our cells. People suffering from chronic fatigue are often treated with Mg injections.
How to help:
- Buy organic to ensure higher levels of minerals in food, sadly standard intensive farming practices deplete the soil.
- Improve your absorption of magnesium by supporting gut health with foods rich in probiotics – kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi. Reduce foods that irritate the gut like wheat, dairy and soy.
Eat more Mg foods:
- Leafy greens - spinach, broccoli, kale, and add 1-2 servings of Organic Burst Wheatgrass to your daily routine
- Sprouted beans
- High quality dark chocolate
Take a bath in natural Epsom salts - they contain a variety of minerals including magnesium, perfect for relaxing after a tough day! 🙏
You can get your clean powerful Wheatgrass on our website now.