7 Foods For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

If you experience painful cramping, excessive flatulence or changes in bowel habits — like constipation, diarrhoea, or switching between the two, you may be affected by irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) 🤮.

Here’s how these foods help the symptoms and improve your digestive health in the long-term:


Chlorella supports the bowel by balancing your gut flora, as well as eliminating the toxins that may be irritating and inflaming the gut lining and causing bloating and other issues.


  • Turmeric has been found in numerous studies to switch off the overreaction of the immune system to ease painful cramping, prevent damage to cells in the gut and encourage healthy new cells.
  • A study published in the Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases (2016) found that curcumin the powerful compound in Turmeric significantly improved the quality of life of IBS patients over 30 days.


  • Cinnamon contains antimicrobial compounds and is effective at destroying yeast strains that can cause bloating, gas and cramping, in your intestine.
  • A 2011 study showed that within 2 weeks of taking cinnamon oil, 72% of participants were completely free of yeast overgrowth in their stool. The remaining 28% improved significantly (Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine).

Stewed apple

This soothing food is full of prebiotic fibre food for our good bacteria that line the surface of the intestine and protect it from irritation.

Chia seeds

Chia is rich in soluble fibre and is hydrophilic (attracted to water), this means it can draw water into the bowel to bulk out stools. This can help both diarrhoea and constipation. Soak a tablespoon in a cup of water or plant mylk, and have with breakfast.

Peppermint tea

This tea is a known anti-spasmodic to settle your tummy, and antimicrobial - to help counteract bad bacteria in the intestine.


A great source of soluble fibre and they are especially helpful with constipation IBS symptoms. Soak them overnight in water or plant mylk with berries for a ready-to-go breakfast.

    👉 Get your Chlorella, Turmeric and Cinnamon in our Easy Digestion Bundle at 10% off now!

    Subscribe & Stay Ahead of the Crowd

    Always awesome. Never spammy. Delivered weekly. Don't miss a thing!